суббота, 3 ноября 2012 г.

Art and Theater in Farmington

This is a post for Ludmila and Vera:

At the left is a drawing of St. Basil's Cathedral
done by one of my students last year.  (She thought I ought to see it because she knew I had an interest in Russia.)  We have a very good art program at our school; our students are always creating interesting and thoughtful pieces.  In the spring, they put on a big show of work they've created throughout the year.

Our school and our town (Farmington) are also active in theater.

We have a theater-related class in our high school as well as theater productions throughout the year.  In March, we usually have a student directed play acted by teachers (I've done that several times – it is lots of fun.)  For many years we've also had a student written and directed play.  Our school theater group's next play will be "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens, I think.

The town of Farmington has a theater group called the Sandy River Players.  Years ago, my wife and I met because we were both in a Sandy River Players play together.  Neither of us have been active in theater for several years because we have young children, but I'm sure we'll return to theater when our kids get older.

1 комментарий:

  1. Thank you for a wonderful drawing! I see your students are talented!I am sure they are happy because they have passion to art.Their life will never be boring!I wish them good luck!

    ОтветитьУдалить