четверг, 22 ноября 2012 г.

Happy Thanksgiving!


Dear friends,
We are glad to congratulate you!

T is for turkey on Thanksgiving Day,
H is for «Hurry, I’m hungry!» we say.
A is for Auntie, she works and she mends.
N is for Native American friends.
K is for kitchen, the oven’s on low.
S is for silverware, set in a row.
G is for Grandma, the one we love most.
I is for inside, where we’re warm as toast.
V is for vegetables, eat them we try.
I is for ice-cream on top of the pie.
N is for never do we have enough dressing.
G is for Grandpa, who gives thanks for our blessings.
                            




          

1 комментарий:

  1. I'm curious where you found this Thanksgiving poem, particularly because it mentions an aunt who "mends." Mending – repairing clothes – is not something most Americans do today. (Most Americans also don't make their own clothes, though my own mother did so for me when I was growing up.)

    It seems like the poem you found is an old one – a nice reminder of our past, and for some some fortunate Americans, a reminder of many things they still enjoy during Thanksgiving.

    ОтветитьУдалить